Audacity, brazen self-confidence. “His assurance is quite
To make assurance double sure.
To make security doubly secure.
But yet I'll make assurance double sure,
And take a bond of fate.
Shakespeare: Macbeth, iv. 1.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Assurance from Fact Monster:
- Assyria - Assyria Assyria , ancient empire of W Asia. It developed around the city of Ashur, or Assur, on the ...
- Assur - Assur: Assur: see Assyria.
- assurance - assurance: assurance: see insurance.
- insurance - insurance insurance or assurance,device for indemnifying or guaranteeing an individual against ...
- mutual assured destruction - mutual assured destruction: mutual assured destruction: see nuclear strategy.