Early morning. According to Grecian mythology, the goddess
Aurora, called by Homer “rosy-fingered,” sets out before the sun, and
is the pioneer of his rising.
You cannot shut the windows of the sky,
Through which Aurora shows her brightening face.
Thomson: Castle of Indolence
, canto ii. 3.
The morning dew.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Aurora from Fact Monster:
- Aurora, in Roman religion and mythology - Aurora Aurora, in Roman religion and mythology: see Eos.
- Makatea - Makatea Makatea , formerly Aurora, island, South Pacific, one of the most northwesterly of the ...
- Eos - Eos Eos , in Greek religion and mythology, goddess of dawn; daughter of the Titans Hyperion and ...
- Countess Maria Aurora Königsmark - Königsmark, Countess Maria Aurora Königsmark, Countess Maria Aurora , 1666–1728, ...
- aurora borealis - aurora borealis aurora borealis and aurora australis, luminous display of various forms and colors ...