in Burmah, has marble quarries of which idols are made, and
only priests are allowed to trade there. (Symes, vol. ii. p.
As on Ava's snore,
Where none but priests are privileged to trade In that best marble of
which gods are made.
T. Moore: Lulla Rookh, part I.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ava from Fact Monster:
- Ava, village, Myanmar - Ava Ava , village, central Myanmar, on the Ayeyarwady River, 10 mi (16 km) S of Mandalay. Founded ...
- Dufferin and Ava, Frederick Temple Hamilton-Temple-Blackwood, 1st marquess of - Dufferin and Ava, Frederick Temple Hamilton-Temple-Blackwood, 1st marquess of Dufferin and Ava, ...
- Ava, in the Bible - Ava Ava , in the Bible, an unidentified city of Mesopotamia, perhaps the same as Ivah. Its ...
- Avites - Avites Avites , in the Bible. 1. People of SW ancient Palestine, probably assimilated by the ...
- Most Popular Baby Names by State, 2007 - Most popular baby names by state in 2007 from Alaska to Wyoming.