is the Anglo-Saxon bac gamen (back game), so called
because the pieces (in certain circumstances) are taken up and obliged
to go back to enter at the table again.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Backgammon from Fact Monster:
- backgammon - backgammon backgammon , game of chance and skill played by two persons upon a specially marked ...
- Parcheesi - Parcheesi: Parcheesi: see backgammon.
- Edmond Hoyle - Hoyle, Edmond Hoyle, Edmond , 1672–1769, English writer on games, b. London. He codified the ...
- Kids from Iran - Kids from Iran Location: Middle East School: Girls and boys are educated separately until the ...
- Encyclopedia: Games and Hobbies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Games and Hobbies.