(Stockbrokers' term). The sum paid by a speculator on a
“bear account” (i.e. a speculation on a fall in the price
of certain stock), in order to postpone the completion of the
transaction till the next settling day. (See Contango.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Backwardation from Fact Monster:
- Fish FAQ - Fish FAQ Source: National Marine Fisheries Services' Northeast Fisheries Science Center How ...
- anagram - anagram anagram [Gr.,=something read backward], rearrangement of the letters of a word or words to ...
- Chemistry: Solution Chemistry/emical Equilibria - Chemistry Solution Chemistry/emical Equilibria Chemistry Solution Chemistry/emical Equilibria What ...
- Edward Bellamy - Bellamy, Edward Bellamy, Edward , 1850–98, American author, b. Chicopee Falls (now part of ...
- Olympic Preview: Trampoline - 2008 Summer Olympics trampoline