“If there is any bad blood in the fellow he will be sure to show it.”
To make bad blood, to stir up bad blood.
To create or renew ill-feeling and a vindictive spirit.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bad Blood from Fact Monster:
- Piper Laurie - Piper Laurie (Rosetta Jacobs) actress Born: 1/22/1932 Birthplace: Detroit Early in her acting ...
- Aerosmith - Aerosmith hard-rock band Grammy Award-winning hard-rock band known for its blues-influenced style, ...
- James Buchanan - Biography of James Buchanan, President of the United States, 1857-61
- motion pictures: French Film - French Film In the 1920s there was enormous creative film activity in France led by Louis Delluc ...
- Fantastic Animal Facts - Fantastic Animal Facts The anole (Anolis Carolinesis), or American chameleon, is a small lizard ...