(pronounce bal-lay). A theatrical representation of
some adventure or intrigue by pantomime and dancing. Baltazarini,
director of music to Catherine de' Medici, was the inventor of modern
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ballet from Fact Monster:
- ballet - ballet ballet [Ital. ballare=to dance], classic, formalized solo or ensemble dancing of a highly ...
- Ballet - Ballet Classic Ballets Because many ballets take their stories from folklore, they can feel like ...
- Royal Danish Ballet - Royal Danish Ballet Royal Danish Ballet, one of the oldest major ballet companies, established at ...
- New York City Ballet - New York City Ballet New York City Ballet, one of the foremost American dance companies of the 20th ...
- Movies, TV, Music, and Ballet - Find facts on top selling albums, concert tours, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Oscars, DVD rentals, American Film Institute lists, Box-Office hits, notable ballets, and more.