Sir Toby Belch. A reckless, roistering, jolly knight of the
Elizabethan period. (Shakespeare: Twelfth Night.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Belch from Fact Monster:
- Analogy Quiz - (What is an analogy?) BURP : BELCH :: loyal : _____ Hint faithful friend betrayal Word Quiz ...
- heartburn - heartburn heartburn, burning sensation beneath the breastbone, also called pyrosis. Heartburn does ...
- OCEAN FLOOR - Just a century ago, the ocean floor was largely unknown. Now we know that the deep oceans have features such as mountains, deep valleys, and vast plai
- Fireworks Facts - A brief history of the world's favorite explosives
- People in the World - People in the World “When in Rome, do as the Romans do” is a famous saying about ...