(The Eight ), according to Scandinavian mythology:
(1) The ash Yggdrasil is the best of trees;
(2) Skidbladnir, of ships;
(3) Odin, of the Æsir';
(4) Sleipnir, of steeds;
(5) Bifrost, of bridges;
(6) Bragi, of bards;
(7) Habrok, of hawks
(8) Garm, of hounds.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Best Things from Fact Monster:
- John Schlesinger - John Schlesinger director Born: 2/16/1926 Birthplace: London, England Academy Award-winning film ...
- What does it mean? rort - rort -- Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format After riding a camel in the Outback ...
- What does it mean? pinguid - pinguid -- Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Your fishing trip begins before ...
- What does it mean? recreant - recreant -- Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Known for fairness and generosity, ...
- Madonna - Madonna (Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone) singer, songwriter, actress, record producer Born: ...