Wife of Fazio. When Fazio became rich, and got entangled with
the Marchioness Aldabella, she accused him to the Duke of Florence of
being privy to the death of Bartoldo, an old miser. Fazio was arrested
and condemned to death. Bianca now repented of her jealous rashness,
and tried to save her husband, but failing in her endeavours, went mad,
and died of a broken heart. (Dean Milman: Fazio. N. B. —The name
is employed by Shakespeare both in his Taming of the Shrew and also in
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bianca from Fact Monster:
- Bianca - Bianca Bianca, in astronomy, one of the natural satellites, or moons, of Uranus.
- Francesco de' Medici - Medici, Francesco de' Medici, Francesco de' , 1541–87, grand duke of Tuscany ...
- Francesco I Sforza - Sforza, Francesco I Sforza, Francesco I , 1401–66, duke of Milan (1450–66); ...
- The Rescuers Down Under - Starring Bob Newhart, Eva Gabor, John Candy, Tristan Rogers, Adam Ryen
- Sforza - Sforza Sforza , Italian family that ruled the duchy of Milan from 1450 to 1535. Rising from peasant ...