Father of Biblical criticism and exegesis. Origen (185-254).
A love of books pursued to the point of unreason or madness.
One Don Vicente, a Spanish scholar, is reputed to have committed murder
to obtain a supposedly unique book.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Biblical from Fact Monster:
- Rosh Hashanah 2008 - Jewish New Year - Find information about Rosh Hashanah, including dates from 2008 to 2015, traditions, food, and more.
- Isaac - Biography of Isaac, The Hebrew patriarch who was almost sacrificed by his father
- Aaron - Biography of Aaron, The brother of Moses who performed miracles with a rod
- biblical archaeology - biblical archaeology biblical archaeology, term applied to the archaeology of the biblical lands, ...
- Book of Biblical Antiquities - Biblical Antiquities, Book of: Biblical Antiquities, Book of: see Pseudepigrapha.