To look big. To assume a consequential air.
To talk big.
To boast or brag.
“The archdeacon waxed wroth, talked big, and looked bigger.” —Trollope: The Warden, chap. 20.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Big from Fact Monster:
- Notorious B.I.G. - Notorious B.I.G. (Christopher Wallace) (“Biggie Smalls”) singer Born: 5/21/1972 ...
- Big - Starring Tom Hanks, Elizabeth Perkins, Robert Loggia, John Heard, Jared Rushton
- How Big Is a Bit? - How Big Is a Bit? bit: The word "bit" is short for "binary digit." A bit is the ...
- The Big Sleep - The Big Sleep Hibernation and Aestivation When conditions get tough, some animals pack up and head ...
- Colorado–Big Thompson project - Colorado–Big Thompson project Colorado–Big Thompson project, constructed by the U.S. ...