[Kârâ-Koin-loo ]. A tribe of Turkomans, so
called from their standards. This tribe was extirpated by the White
A Black Sheep. A disgrace to the family; a mauvais sujet; a
workman who will not join in a strike. Black sheep are looked on with
dislike by shepherds, and are not so valuable as white ones.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Black Sheep from Fact Monster:
- John Larroquette - John Larroquette actor Born: 11/25/1947 Birthplace: New Orleans Emmy Award-winning actor who ...
- Chris Farley - Chris Farley actor, comedian Born: 2/15/1964 Birthplace: Madison, Wisconsin Manic comedian who ...
- bighorn, in zoology - bighorn bighorn or Rocky Mountain sheep,wild sheep of W North America, formerly plentiful in ...
- Gregory 'Pappy' Boyington - Biography of Gregory 'Pappy' Boyington, The model for TV's Baa Baa Black Sheep
- Timurids - Timurids Timurids , dynasty founded by Timur (or Tamerlane). After the death of Timur (1405) there ...