A knowing blade, a sharp fellow; a regular blade, a buck
or fop. (Anglo-Saxon, blad or blæd, a branch or sprig.)
= “branch,” whence “fruit, prosperity, glory,” etc. The compound,
Blæd-daeg =a prosperous day; blæd-gifa, a glory-giver,
i.e. a king, a “regular blade.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Blade from Fact Monster:
- Rubén Blades - Blades, Rubén Blades, Rubén , 1948–, Panamanian singer, songwriter, band ...
- Ruben Blades - Ruben Blades actor, musician, composer Born: 7/16/1948 Birthplace: Panama City, Panama A popular ...
- Hispanic American Musicians and Visual Artists - Notable Hispanic American musicians and visual artists
- Hispanic American Film, Television, and Theater Personalities - Notable Hispanic American film, television, and theater personalities
- Analogy Quiz - (What is an analogy?) KEYS : PIANO :: blade : _____ Hint sharp knife handle Word Quiz Spelling Bee ...