with three fingers is symbolical of the Trinity, in the
name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Blessing from Fact Monster:
- Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr - Here is information about Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr, including dates, the history of the holiday, the practice of fasting, and more.|The month of fasting
- benediction - benediction benediction [Lat.,=blessing], solemn blessing usually administered in the name of God ...
- birth: Bibliography - Bibliography See D. Caton, What a Blessing She Had Chloroform (1999).
- Beatitudes - Beatitudes Beatitudes [Lat.,=blessing], in the Gospel of St. Matthew, eight blessings uttered by ...
- holy water - holy water holy water, in Christian churches, water blessed to symbolize spiritual cleansing. In ...