Compound bodies, in chemical phraseology, mean those which have
two or more simple bodies or elements in their composition, as water.
in chemical phraseology, mean the elements. The heavenly bodies.
The sun, moon, stars, and so on.
The seven bodies
(of alchemists). The seven metals supposed to correspond with the
1. Apollo, or the Sun Gold.
2. Diana, or the Moon Silver.
3. Mercury Quicksilver.
4. Venus Copper.
5. Mars Iron.
6. Jupiter Tin.
7. Saturn Lead.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bodies from Fact Monster:
- Body Trivia - Body Trivia The thickness of your skin varies from 1/2 to 6 millimeters, depending on the area of ...
- body snatching - body snatching body snatching, the stealing of corpses from graves and morgues. Before cadavers ...
- body-marking - body-marking body-marking, painting, tattooing, or scarification (cutting or burning) of the body ...
- Your Body: A Peek Inside - Your Body: A Peek Inside Anatomists are people who study the human body. Everyone is unique. We ...
- body temperature - body temperature body temperature, internal temperature of a living organism. Mammals and birds are ...