Without subterfuge or deception; really and truly.
Literally, in good faith (Latin).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bona Fide from Fact Monster:
- Foreign Words and Phrases - Foreign Words and Phrases1 The English meanings given below are not necessarily literal ...
- Amy Grant - Biography of Amy Grant, Christian pop singer of "Every Heartbeat"
- M. Night Shyamalan - M. Night Shyamalan film director and screenwriter Born: 8/6/1970 Birthplace: Tamil-Nadu, India ...
- Bruce Springsteen - Biography of Bruce Springsteen, Working-class singer/songwriter/guitarist
- Bill Bradley - Biography of Bill Bradley, Democratic senator from New Jersey