To breathe one's last. To die.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Breathe from Fact Monster:
- respiration - respiration respiration, process by which an organism exchanges gases with its environment. The ...
- breathing - breathing: breathing: see respiration.
- baby's breath - baby's breath baby's breath, name for a plant of the family Caryophyllaceae (pink family) ...
- Your Body's Systems - Systems of the body including circulatory, digestive, endocrine, immune, lymphatic, muscular, nervous, reproductive, respiratory, skeletal, and urinary.
- The Statue of Liberty Poem - The Statue of Liberty Poem “The New Colossus” by Emma Lazarus Between 1820 and 1920, ...