Brew me a glass of grog, i.e. mix one for me. Brew me a cup
of tea, i.e. make one for me. The tea is set to brew, i.e.
to draw. The general meaning of the word is to boil or mix; the
restricted meaning is to make malt liquor.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Brew from Fact Monster:
- brewing - brewing: brewing: see beer.
- Abertillery - Abertillery Abertillery , town (1991 pop. 12,091), Blaenau Gwent, SE Wales. The town, an ...
- Maidenhead - Maidenhead Maidenhead, city (1991 pop. 59,809), Windsor and Maidenhead, S central England, on the ...
- Svendborg - Svendborg Svendborg , city (1992 pop. 26,525), Fyn co., S Denmark, a seaport on the Svendborg Sund ...
- Alloa - Alloa Alloa , town (1991 pop. 26,378), Clackmannanshire, central Scotland, on the Forth River. ...