The damsel of Brittany. Eleanora, daughter of Geoffrey, second
son of Henry II., King of England and Duke of Brittany. At the death of
Prince Arthur she was the real heir to the crown, but John confined her
in the castle of Bristol till death (1241).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Brittany from Fact Monster:
- Peter I, duke or count of Brittany - Peter I Peter I (Pierre Mauclerc), d. 1250, duke or count of Brittany (1213–37). The son of ...
- Anne of Brittany - Anne of Brittany Anne of Brittany, 1477–1514, queen of France as consort of Charles VIII from ...
- Brittany - Brittany Brittany , Breton Breiz, Fr. Bretagne, region and former province, NW France. It is a ...
- Brittany: Bibliography - Bibliography See N. Lands, Brittany (1986); E. Baclone, The Appointed Hour (1989).
- Brittany: History - History A part of ancient Armorica, the area was conquered by Julius Caesar in the Gallic Wars and ...