(A). A frizzled wig. Doctor Busby, master of Westminster
school, did not wear a frizzled wig, but a close cap, somewhat like a
Welsh wig. (See Wigs.)
The tall cap of a hussar, artillery-man, etc., which hangs
from the top over the right shoulder.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Busby from Fact Monster:
- Lanford Wilson - Wilson, Lanford Wilson, Lanford, 1937–, American playwright, b. Lebanon, Mo. An important ...
- Ralph Ellison - Ellison, Ralph Ellison, Ralph (Ralph Waldo Ellison), 1914–94, African-American author, b. ...
- musicals - musicals musicals, earlier known as musical comedy,. plays that incorporate music, song, and dance. ...
- Los Angeles, Calif. - Information on Los Angeles, Calif. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- The Infoplease Kids' Crossword Puzzle: CaNdY FaCtOrY! - by Kelly Ann Buchanan Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle! Click "Reveal" for ...