The five chief points of Calvinism are:
or particular election.
(2) Irresistible grace.
(3) Original sin, or the total depravity of the natural man, which
renders it morally impossible to believe and turn to God of his own
(4) Particular redemption.
(5) Final perseverance of the saints.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Calvinism from Fact Monster:
- Melvin Calvin - Calvin, Melvin Calvin, Melvin, 1911–97, American organic chemist and educator, b. St. Paul, ...
- Calvin Coolidge - Coolidge, Calvin Coolidge, Calvin, 1872–1933, 30th President of the United States ...
- Calvin Peete - Calvin Peete Born: July 18, 1943 Golf began playing golf at the age of 23; earned over $2 million ...
- Calvinism - Calvinism Calvinism, term used in several different senses. It may indicate the teachings expressed ...
- Calvin Murphy - Calvin Murphy Born: May 9, 1948 Basketball G NBA All-Rookie team (1971); holds NBA single season ...