(2 syl.). Fustian, rubbish, trash. The cloth so called ought to
be made of goats' hair, but is a mixture of wool and silk, wool and
hair, or wool, silk, and hair, etc. (French, camelot; Arabic,
camlat.) (See page 206, Camlet .)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Camelote from Fact Monster:
- Camelot - Camelot Camelot , in Arthurian legend, the seat of King Arthur's court. The origin of the name ...
- Quest For Camelot - Starring Jessalyn Gilsig, Cary Elwes, Gary Oldman, Pierce Brosnan, Bryan White
- What does it mean? fatuous - fatuous -- Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Which of the following positions ...
- Richard Harris - Richard Harris actor Born: 10/1/1930 Birthplace: Limerick, Ireland Though born in Ireland, he has ...
- Richard Burton - Richard Burton (Richard Jenkins) actor Born: 11/10/1925 Birthplace: Pontrhydfen, Wales Tony ...