“Flesh-colour.” (Latin, caro; genitive, carnis,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Carnation from Fact Monster:
- carnation - carnation: carnation: see pink.
- Carnatic - Carnatic Carnatic, India: see Karnataka.
- pink - pink pink, common name for some members of the Caryophyllaceae, a family of small herbs found ...
- Wheat Ridge - Wheat Ridge Wheat Ridge, city (1990 pop. 29,419), Jefferson co., N central Colo., a suburb of ...
- stock, in botany - stock stock, in botany, common name for any species of the genus Matthiola, for Malcomia maritima ...