Catch Me at It!
Most certainly I shall never do what you say.
“ `Catch me going to London!' exclaimed Vixen.” —Miss Braddon:
Catch the Speaker's Eye
(To). To find the eye of the Speaker fixed on you; to be observed
by the Speaker. In the House of Commons the member on whom the eye of
the Speaker is fixed has the privilege of addressing the House.
“He succeeded in catching the Speaker's eye.” —A. Trollope.
(To). In cricket, is to catch the ball of a batsman, whereby the
striker is ruled out, that is, must relinquish his bat.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Catch Me at It from Fact Monster:
- Ellen Pompeo - Biography of Ellen Pompeo, Dr. Meredith Grey on TV's Grey's Anatomy
- Christopher Walken - Biography of Christopher Walken, The Russian roulette guy in The Deer Hunter
- Jennifer Garner - Biography of Jennifer Garner, Superspy Sydney Bristow in TV's Alias
- Amy Adams - Biography of Amy Adams, Redhead star of the movies Junebug and Enchanted
- Leonardo DiCaprio - Biography of Leonardo DiCaprio, Heartthrob star of the 1997 film Titanic