or Cælia. A common poetical name for a lady or lady-love.
Thus, Swift had an ode in which Strephon describes Cælia's
Five hours, and who can do it less in
By haughty Cælia spent in dressing.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Celia from Fact Monster:
- Hispanic American Musicians and Visual Artists - Notable Hispanic American musicians and visual artists
- Jerry Masucci - Jerry Masucci music producer Birthplace: Brooklyn, N.Y. During a business trip to Havana, Masucci ...
- National Ballet of Canada - National Ballet of Canada National Ballet of Canada, the leading Canadian ballet company. Based in ...
- Jennifer Tilly - Jennifer Tilly actress Born: 9/16/1958 Birthplace: Los Angeles Tilly first came to the attention of ...
- Childe Hassam - Hassam, Childe Hassam, Childe (Frederick Childe Hassam), 1859–1935, American painter and ...