Champs de Mars
The March meetings held by Clovis and his immediate followers,
sometimes as mere pageants for the amusement of the freedmen who came
to offer homage to their lord, and pay their annual gifts; sometimes
for business purposes, especially when the king wished to consult his
warriors about some expedition.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Champs de Mars from Fact Monster:
- Champ-de-Mars - Champ-de-Mars Champ-de-Mars , former parade ground of Paris, France, between the École ...
- Eiffel Tower - Eiffel Tower Eiffel Tower, structure designed by A. G. Eiffel and erected in the Champ-de-Mars for ...
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, marquis de - Lafayette, or La Fayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, marquis de Lafayette, or ...
- Paris, city, France: Points of Interest - Points of Interest Paris is divided into roughly equal sections by the Seine. On the right ...
- September 6 Birthdays: Marquis de Lafayette - September 6 birthdays: Marquis de Lafayette, John Dalton, Catherine Beecher, Claire Lee Chennault, Joseph P. Kennedy, Jane Addams, Jane Curtin