Charity begins at home. “Let them learn first to show piety at
home” (1 Tim. v. 4 and 8).
Cold as charity.
Than which what's colder to him who gives and him who takes?
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Charity from Fact Monster:
- U.S. Charities Receiving Highest Donations in 2007 - From United Way of America to Goodwill Industries International.|United Way of America receives the highest donations
- Sisters of Charity - Sisters of Charity Sisters of Charity, in the Roman Catholic Church, name of many independent ...
- What does it mean? - philanthropy Because my Uncle Bert is interested in philanthropy, he likes to make stamp albums. ...
- Suharto - Suharto Suharto or Soeharto, 1921–2008, president of Indonesia (1967–98). A veteran of ...
- El Cobre - Cobre, El Cobre, El , town, Santiago de Cuba prov., SE Cuba, in a high valley of the Sierra ...