Nid d'une souris dans Voreille d'un chat. A mare's nest. This
French phrase is the translation of a line in Wynkyn de Worde's
Amusing Questions, printed in English in 1511. “Demand: What
is that that never was and never will be? Response: A mouse's
nest in a cat's ear.” (See Mare's Nest)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Chat from Fact Monster:
- chat - chat chat, name applied to several Old World perching birds, such as the wheatear (see thrush), the ...
- Online Chat Quiz: 1 - Online Chat Quiz Question 1: Something hilarious could make you feel like GTGPMFJIROTFL More ...
- A - C - A - C applet A small Java application that is downloaded by an ActiveX or Java-enabled web browser. ...
- Movies, art, TV, music, holidays, architecture, fashion, calendars, toys - Learn about major world holidays, festivals around the world, oddball U.S. state holidays, birthstones, the seasons, the modern calendar, architecture, music, movies, TV, fashion, Oscars and Grammys
- Ottawa, river, Canada - Ottawa Ottawa, river, c.700 mi (1,130 km) long, largest tributary of the St. Lawrence River, ...