Entre chien et loup. Dusk, between daylight and lamp-light;
“The best time to talk of difficult things is entre chien et loup,
as the Guernsey folk say.” —Mrs. Edwardes: A Girton Girl, chap.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Chien from Fact Monster:
- Chien-Shiung Wu - Chien-Shiung Wu experimental physicist Born: 5/29/1912 Birthplace: nr. Shanghai Chien-Shiung Wu ...
- Chien-Shiung Wu - Wu, Chien-Shiung Wu, Chien-Shiung , 1912–97, Chinese-American physicist. She emigrated to the ...
- Sui - Sui Sui , dynasty of China that ruled from 581 to 618. This short-lived dynasty reunified China in ...
- Asian-American Scientists - Nobel Prize winners, chemists, researchers
- William Kirby - Kirby, William Kirby, William, 1817–1906, Canadian author, b. England. He was a journalist ...