[Kiron]. The centaur who taught Achilles music,
medicine, and hunting. Jupiter placed him in heaven among the stars,
where he is called Sagittarius (the Archer).
according to Dantë, has watch over the lake of boiling blood, in
the seventh circle of hell.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Chiron from Fact Monster:
- Chiron - Chiron Chiron , in Greek mythology, centaur, son of Kronos. He was a renowned sage, physician, and ...
- Pelion - Pelion Pelion , Gr. Pílion, mountain, 5,252 ft (1,601 m) high, N Greece, E Thessaly, on the ...
- centaur - centaur centaur , in Greek mythology, creature, half man and half horse. The centaurs were fathered ...
- Acastus - Acastus Acastus , in Greek mythology, son of Pelias, cousin of Jason. He accompanied Jason on the ...
- Thetis - Thetis Thetis , in Greek mythology, a nereid, mother of Achilles. She was loved by both Zeus and ...