I have not yet got the clue: to give a clue, i.e. a hint. A
clue is a ball of thread (Ang-Saxon, cleowen) The only mode of
finding the way out of the Cretan labyrinth was by a skein of thread,
which, being laid along the proper route, indicated the right path.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Clue from Fact Monster:
- Clue - Starring Eileen Brennan, Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Michael McKean
- Analogy Quiz - (What is an analogy?) WILD : UNTAMED :: _____ : clue Hint hint answer problem Word Quiz Spelling ...
- Steve Burns - Biography of Steve Burns, Host of the children's TV show Blue's Clues
- The Crossword Puzzle History - The History of the Crossword Puzzle In 1913, it was a "word-cross"; in ancient Rome, a ...
- Spelling Bee - Figure out which of the red words below is spelled incorrectly and type the correct spelling in the ...