(Norwegian, klump, a lump, Swedish, klummsen,
benumbed; Icelandic, klumsa). Piers Plowman has “thou klompsist
for cold,” and Wiclif has “Our hondis ben aclumpsid”. Halliwell gives
us clumpish = awkward, and clump = lazy.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Clumsy from Fact Monster:
- Analogies - Explanation of analogies, including an analogy of the day.
- What does it mean? - penurious --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Cynthia could not be called ...
- What does it mean? dysthymia - dysthymia -- Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Having suffered from dysthymia ...
- Spelling Bee - Figure out which of the red words below is spelled incorrectly and type the correct spelling in the ...
- jargon - jargon jargon, pejorative term applied to speech or writing that is considered meaningless, ...