in theatrical slang, means telling phrases and speeches, as,
“My part is full of `coaling lines.' ” Coal being money, means profit,
whence coaling. (See p. 265, To Post The Goal ...)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Coaling from Fact Monster:
- coal tar - coal tar coal tar, product of the destructive distillation of bituminous coal. Coal tar can be ...
- coal gas - coal gas coal gas, gas obtained in the destructive distillation of soft coal, as a byproduct in the ...
- coal - coal coal, fuel substance of plant origin, largely or almost entirely composed of carbon with ...
- bituminous coal - bituminous coal: bituminous coal: see coal.
- cannel coal - cannel coal: cannel coal: see coal.