Cob, Teutonic for “spider.” Dutch, spinnckop; Saxon,
attercop (poisonous spider); Chaldee, kopi (spider's web).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cobweb from Fact Monster:
- Arachne - Arachne Arachne , in Greek mythology, a Lydian woman who challenged Athena to a trial of skill in ...
- Ambrose Bierce - Biography of Ambrose Bierce, Author of A Fiend's Delight
- Winter Olympics Memorable Moments: The 1960 U.S. Hockey Team - Info about the 1960 ice hockey gold medalists—U.S. hockey's original golden boys
- sunbird - sunbird sunbird, common name for tropical, Old World birds, including more than one hundred species ...
- Ambrose Gwinett Bierce - Bierce, Ambrose Gwinett Bierce, Ambrose Gwinett , 1842–1914?, American satirist, journalist, ...