The Turkish word is Kauhi, Kauveh or Kauvey.
In Ardennes ten cups of coffee are taken after dinner, and each cup
has its special name. (1) Café (2) Gloria, (3) Pousse Café (4) Goutte,
(5) Regoutte, (6) Sur-goutte, (7) Rincette, (8) Re-rincette, (9) Sur-rincette, and (10) Coup de l'érier. Gloria is coffee with a
small glass of brandy in lieu of milk; all the following have more and
more l'eau de vie; and the last is the “stirrup-cup.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Coffee from Fact Monster:
- coffee - coffee coffee, a tree, its seeds, and the beverage made from them. The coffee tree, a small ...
- Kentucky coffee tree - coffee tree, Kentucky coffee tree, Kentucky, common name for the plant species Gymnocladus dioica, ...
- coffee: Classification of the Coffee Plant - Classification of the Coffee Plant Coffee is classified in the division Magnoliophyta, class ...
- coffee: Preparation and Types of Coffee - Preparation and Types of Coffee After the outer pulp is removed, coffee seeds are prepared by ...
- coffee: Coffee in Commerce - Coffee in Commerce Varieties of C. arabica are important export crops in many countries, especially ...