Paid in his own coin. Tit for tat. “Par pari referre. ”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Coin from Fact Monster:
- Money: Coins, money around the world, the stock market - Find facts about money on topics like public debt, inflation, depressions, exchange rates, budgets, inequality, allowances, facelifts, savings, and more.
- Presidential $1 Coins - A dollar for every president
- coin - coin coin, piece of metal, usually a disk of gold, silver, nickel, bronze, copper, aluminum, or a ...
- How Coins Are Made - How Coins Are Made Source: The U.S. Mint Step 1: Blanking The U.S. Mint buys strips of metal about ...
- U.S. Coins in Circulation - U.S. Coins in Circulation Denomination Cent Nickel Dime Quarter Half Dollar Golden Dollar Obverse ...