The eleventh commandment. Thou shalt not be found out.
“After all, that Eleventh Commandment is the only one that is vitally
important to keep in these days.” —B. H. Buxton: Jennie of the
Prince's, iii. 314.
The ten commandments. The ten fingers or nails. (Shakespeare:
2 Henry VI., i. 3.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Commandment from Fact Monster:
- Ten Commandments - Ten Commandments Ten Commandments or Decalogue[Gr.,=ten words], in the Bible, the summary of divine ...
- Komandorski Islands - Komandorski Islands Komandorski Islands or Commander Islands,Rus. Komandorskiye Ostrova, group of ...
- The Ten Commandments - The Ten Commandments The Ten Commandments, also called the Decalogue (Greek, “ten ...
- Ten Commandments - Commandments, Ten: Commandments, Ten: see Ten Commandments.
- Commander Islands - Commander Islands: Commander Islands: see Komandorski Islands, Russia.