U.S. America, is the Indian Quin—neh—tuk—qut,
meaning “land of the long tidal river.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Connecticut from Fact Monster:
- University of Connecticut - Connecticut, University of Connecticut, University of, mainly at Storrs; coeducational; land grant ...
- Connecticut, river, United States - Connecticut Connecticut, longest river in New England, 407 mi (655 km) long, rising in the ...
- Connecticut - Map of Connecticut & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters, and current events.
- Connecticut - Information on Connecticut — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Hartford - Hartford Hartford, city (1990 pop. 139,739), state capital, Hartford co., central Conn., on the ...