A contraction of Consolidated Fund. (See above.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Consols from Fact Monster:
- consols - consols consols, contraction of consolidated annuities, a bond issue designed to consolidate two or ...
- Video Game Consoles - Reviews of the hottest game consoles such as Wii and Xbox.|Reviews of the hottest game consoles
- Best Video Games for Kids - Descriptions of the best video games for console systems.|From Super Smash Bros. Brawl to Space Invaders Extreme
- Bildad - Bildad Bildad, in the Bible, the second, and perhaps the least consoling, of Job's comforters.
- What does it mean? - console --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format When would you want someone to ...