(The), in fortification, is the flat stone covering of
the revetment (q.v.), to protect the masonry from the rain.
(Un grand). A member of the Legion d'Honneur. The
cross is attached to a grand (broad) ribbon.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cordon from Fact Monster:
- Julia Child - Julia Child (Julia McWilliams) chef and PBS personality Born: 8/15/1912 Birthplace: Pasadena, ...
- Spartacus - Spartacus Spartacus , d. 71 B.C., leader in an ancient Italian slave revolt, b. Thrace. He broke ...
- Memorial Poetry - Words for solemn times
- Chechnya - Russia vs. Chechnya: Round Two The crisis moves west by Sarah K. Miller Russian soldiers, fighting ...
- weaver bird - weaver bird weaver bird, name for the Ploceidae, a family of Old World seed-eating birds closely ...