A crown inferior to the royal crown. A duke's coronet is
adorned with strawberry leaves above the band; that of a marquis
with strawberry leaves alternating with pearls; that of an earl
has pearls elevated on stalks, alternating with leaves above the band;
that of a viscount has a string of pearls above the band, but no
leaves; that of a baron has only six pearls.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Coronet from Fact Monster:
- coronet - coronet coronet , head attire of a noble of high rank, worn on state occasions. It is inferior to ...
- Sir Alec Guinness - Guinness, Sir Alec Guinness, Sir Alec , 1914–2000, English actor, b. London. After his stage ...
- William Brockman BANKHEAD - BANKHEAD, William Brockman (1874—1940) BANKHEAD, William Brockman, (son of John Hollis ...
- Sir Alec Guinness - Biography of Sir Alec Guinness, Obi-Wan Kenobe in the original Star Wars
- hairdressing - hairdressing hairdressing, arranging of the hair for decorative, ceremonial, or symbolic reasons. ...