[coo ]. He made a good coup. A good hit or haul.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Coup from Fact Monster:
- coup - coup coup [Fr.,=blow], among Native North Americans of the Plains culture, a war honor, awarded for ...
- Boris Yeltsin's Life and Career | Timeline - Timeline of Boris Yeltsin's Life and Career by John Gettings 1931 1956 1976 1985 1987 1989 1991 ...
- August Coup - August Coup August Coup, attempted coup (Aug. 18–22, 1991) against Soviet President Mikhail ...
- Year in Review, 2009 - A synopsis of the 2009 coup in Honduras that ousted President Manuel Zelaya|Major World News Stories of 2009
- Year in Review, 2009 - A synopsis of the disputed 2009 presidential election in Iran|Major World News Stories of 2009