Civility, politeness. It was at the courts of princes and great
feudatories that minstrels and pages practised the refinements of the
age in which they lived. The word originally meant the manners of the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Courtesy from Fact Monster:
- Colors of the Universe - Colors of the Universe It's not all black and white. The Veil Nebula shows off its brilliant ...
- First Pets Slideshow - Find images and information about first pets, including George Washington's, John Quincy Adams, Benjamin Harrison, and more.
- apostolic nuncio - nuncio, apostolic nuncio, apostolic , resident legate of the Holy See at the capital of a temporal ...
- Sackville, Charles, 6th earl of Dorset - Sackville, Charles, 6th earl of Dorset Sackville, Charles, 6th earl of Dorset, 1638–1706, ...
- Kiefer Sutherland - Kiefer Sutherland actor Born: 12/21/1966 Birthplace: London, England Sutherland made his film debut ...