(or) Out. To rise out of, to appear at the surface. A
mining term. Strata which rise to the surface are said to crop out.
We also say, such and such a subject crops up from time to time
—i.e. rises to the surface; such and such a thing crops out
of what you were saying —i.e. is apropos thereof.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Crop Up from Fact Monster:
- leprosy: History and Incidence - History and Incidence Diseases that probably included the malady now known as Hansen's disease ...
- Genetically Modified Foods - Genetically Modified Foods For thousands of years, farmers have improved their crops by ...
- Roger Maris - Biography of Roger Maris, The man who broke Babe Ruth's single-season home run record
- Dogs - Dogs Be A Responsible Dog Owner Take another look at the headline above. It could just have easily ...
- Sentence Agreement: Walk This Way - Sentence Agreement Walk This Way Sentence Agreement Introduction Collective Nouns Indefinite ...