(worn by heathen deities):
APOLLO wore a crown of laurels. BACCHUS, of grapes or ivy. CERES, of
blades of wheat. COMUS, of roses. CYBELÊ, of pine leaves. FLORA, of
flowers. FORTUNE, of fir-slips. THE GRACES, of olive-leaves.
HERCULES, of poplar-leaves. HYMEN, of roses. JUNO, of
quince-leaves. JUPITER, of oak-leaves. THE LARÊS, of rosemary.
MERCURY, of ivy, olive-leaves, or mulberries. MINERVA, of
olive-leaves. THE MUSES, of flowers. PAN, of pine-leaves. PLUTO, of
cypress. POMONA, of fruits. SATURN, of vine-leaves. VENUS, of myrtle
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Crowns from Fact Monster:
- crown - crown crown, circular head ornament, symbolizing sovereign dignity. (For crowns worn by nobles, see ...
- The Triple Crown Horseracing - Preview of the 2001 Kentucky Derby and the Triple Crown.
- Crown Princess Masako - Crown Princess Masako Wife of Crown Prince Naruhito, heir to the Japanese throne Born: 12/9/1963 ...
- Crown Prince Naruhito - Crown Prince Naruhito Eldest son, and heir, of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan Born: ...
- Triple Crown Winners in the United States - Find a list of the Triple Crown Winners in the United States, including the year, winning horse, and jockey.