(The). Pedro, King of Castile (1334, 1350-1369).
Pedro I. of Portugal; also called le Justicier (1320,
(now Crewel) Garters. Garters made of worsted or
“Ha ! ha ! look, he wears cruel garters.”
Shakespeare: King Lear,
“Wearing of silk, why art thou so cruel?”
Woman's a Weathercock
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cruel from Fact Monster:
- Peter the Cruel - Peter the Cruel Peter the Cruel, 1334–69, Spanish king of Castile and León ...
- Analogy Quiz - (What is an analogy?) WIN : LOSE :: cruel : _____ Hint kind mean funny Word Quiz Spelling Bee ...
- Amendments to the Constitution of the United States - Amendments to the Constitution of the United States (Amendments I to X inclusive, popularly known ...
- What does it mean? - odious --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Which of these would be odious? a ...
- Procrustes - Procrustes Procrustes , in Greek mythology, cruel highwayman. He forced passersby to lie on a very ...