The Roman deity who kept guard over infants in their cribs and
sent them to sleep. Verb cubo, to lie down in bed.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cuba from Fact Monster:
- Cuba - Map of Cuba & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters current events, and international relations.
- Che Guevara - Che Guevara 1928–67, Cuban revolutionary and political leader October 9 marks the anniversary ...
- Cuba - Information on Cuba — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Columbus Day - Columbus Day Columbus, his journeys and legacy, and other great explorers and explorations ...
- Cuba - Cuba Cuba , officially Republic of Cuba, republic (2005 est. pop. 11,347,000), 42,804 sq mi ...