Slang for boots. Explained under CHIVY.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Daisies from Fact Monster:
- daisy - daisy daisy [O.E.,=day's eye], name for several common wildflowers of the family Asteraceae ...
- Michaelmas daisy - Michaelmas daisy: Michaelmas daisy: see aster.
- yellow daisy - yellow daisy: yellow daisy: see black-eyed Susan.
- Juliette Daisy Gordon Low - Juliette “Daisy” Gordon Low founder of the Girl Scouts of America Born: Oct. 31, 1860 ...
- Daisy Duke - Biography of Daisy Duke, Co-star of TV's The Dukes of Hazzard