according to Milton, is twin-keeper with Sin, of Hell-gate.
The other shape (if shape it might be called that shape had none
Distinguishable in member, joint, or limb;
Or substance might be called that shadow seemed;) ...
The likeness of a kingly crown had on.
Milton: Paradise Lost,
(See Black Death.)
Death stands, like Mercuries, in every way.
Till death us do part.
(See Depart.) Angel of Death. (See Abou-Jahia, Azrael.) At death's door. On the point of
death; very dangerously ill. In at the death. Present when the
fox was caught and killed.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Death from Fact Monster:
- death - death death, cessation of all life (metabolic) processes. Death may involve the organism as a whole ...
- Honoring Your Pet's Memory - Almanac—Cool Stuff—Pets Honoring Your Pet's Memory AT A GLANCE More than just a ...
- Dance of Death - Death, Dance of Death, Dance of, or danse macabre, originally a 14th-century morality poem. The ...
- Capital Punishment in the U.S. - Deadly Questions Study raises questions about capital punishment in the U.S. by David Johnson This ...
- Memorial Poetry - Words for solemn times